CATS celebrated its 8 nominations at the Elly Awards in Sacramento on September 27. Best Overall Production in a Drama; Best Direction (Annie Lareau); Best Lighting Design (Tim Dugan); Best Set Design (Pamela Hodges); Best Costume Design (Jill Kelly); Best Actor (Kevin M Lin); Best Actor (Randall Nakano); Best Actress (Lyra Dominguez). Congratulations to all our nominees!
Auditions for David Henry Hwang’s Chinglish
Sunday, October 18, by appointment only
directed by Annie Lareau, who directed Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Show dates April 7 to April 30, 2016, Nevada Theatre
Download and print audition form here.
Contact Artistic Director Lisa Moon, 530-273-6362, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. See roles and sides for the characters. The role of Daniel Cavanaugh has been pre-cast.
DANIEL CAVANAUGH, 40s male Caucasian-American. (Not available; pre-cast)
- PETER TIMMS, 40s, male Caucasian Englishman (must speak good to fluent Mandarin)
- MISS QIAN, female, Chinese (must speak fluent Mandarin)
- CAI GUOLIANG, 40-50, male, Chinese (must speak fluent Mandarin)
- XI YAN, 30-40, female, Chinese (must speak fluent Mandarin)
- BING, 30-40, male, Chinese (must speak fluent Mandarin)
- ZHAO, female, Chinese (must speak fluent Mandarin)
- JUDGE XU GEMING, male, doubled by the actor who plays Bing
- PROSECUTOR LI, female, doubled by the actor who plays Qian
- WAITER, HOTEL MANAGER, DRIVER (doubled by others)
-Takes place in Guiyang, China, present day.
Chinglish is about an American businessman who is desperately looking to score a lucrative contract for his family’s firm. He travels to China only to learn how much he doesn’t understand: his translators are unreliable, his consultant may be a fraud, and he is captivated by Xi, the beautiful, seemingly supportive government official who talks the talk – but what is she saying, anyway?
Sides to view, print or download:
Chinglish Audition Side #1-Bing-Cai
Chinglish Audition Side #2-Qian
Chinglish Audition Side #3-Zhao
Chinglish Audition Side #4-Peter
Chinglish Audition Side #5-Cai-Peter
Written by Jamie Ford
Adapted and Directed by Annie Lareau
April 16 – May 9, 2015
Nevada Theatre, Nevada City, California
The cast, crew, directors, and designers of “Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet” thank our patrons, the community, the region, our sponsors and donors, and volunteers for an amazing run. 12 sold-out shows! Join CATS the rest of the year at any of our 2015 Cultural Enrichment Programs listed above.